AHI Project to Strengthen the HGSFP in Ogun State
With funding from the MacArthur Foundation, AHI is monitoring the implementation of the Home Grown School Feeding Programme (HGSFP) across 60 Public Primary Schools in 4 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Ogun State namely Ado-Odo/Ota, Ifo, Ijebu Ode and Sagamu to promote transparency, accountability, effective implementation and prevent corruption in the school feeding programme.
Our Focal LGAs in Ogun State
|Local Government Area||Number of Schools|
Why Are We Monitoring?
- To document the current operational procedures of the HGSFP at the school level and provide support in ensuring that they are adhered to.
- To ensure that community members play active roles in ensuring smooth delivery of the HGSFP.
- To ensure that each stakeholder involved in the HGSFP remains accountable for their assigned roles and responsibilities.
- To document gaps/challenges that hinder current programme delivery from adhering to approved guidelines.
- To give recommendations on programme improvement based on observed and documented limitations/weaknesses which will be geared towards enhancing accountability and transparency in programme implementation.
What Are We Monitoring?
- Disbursement of Funds to Cooks
- Food Delivery by Cooks
- State’s Contribution to the HGSFP
- Promotion of wider information gathering and sharing about the programme.
- Active community engagement in programme implementation.
- Capacity building for key actors in focal LGAs
- Provision of supportive feedback to policy and community stakeholders
Our Key Project Activities
- Advocacy Meetings and Community Engagement
- Baseline Survey
- Capacity Building for Community Stakeholders on Advocacy & Accountability
- Training Workshops on Use of Reporting Tools
- Routine Monitoring of the HGSFP across project schools
- Mass Media events to facilitate community engagement
- Community Watch Group Meetings
- Interactive Dialogue Meetings
- Project Progress Review Meetings
- Yearly Dissemination Meetings
- End line Survey and Report